Anyone here play LoL?
If you do feel free to add me, discuss the game here and leave your name!
If you don't, read on because you might find you like it and if you're new I'm sure others here will be willing to help :)
LoL Player List: (NA/EU)
Raro: Raro (NA)
LordSturm: Lord Sturm (??)
Here's some info about the game but the best thing you can do to learn is to sign up and try it out!What is League of Legends?
If you're familiar with WC3, and the DotA series (DotA, DotA: Allstars, etc.) that spawned from it, here's an article to get you started: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/articles/dota_and_lol
For those not familiar with DotA, the gameplay of League of Legends can best be described as a session-based action RPG. Prior to the start of every game, you select one of the game's many champions to control. You start the game at level one, with a small amount of gold and no items. Your main goal for every match is to destroy the enemy "Nexus", a structure found within the heart of the enemy team's base. To get to that point, you first must fight your way past hordes of computer controlled monsters (also known as minions), which continuously spawn from the enemy base, as well as the champions controlled by the enemy team. The base is also protected by structures called turrets, which also must be destroyed. Whichever team destroys the other's Nexus first is the winner. At the end of every game (no matter whether you win or lose), players gain experience to level up their Summoners (more on this later) and "Influence Points", or I.P for short, to use as a form of currency to purchase champions and runes. League of Legends is very much a team game, and that being said, being the best isn't necessarily enough. You must coordinate with your team to control the map, to defend yourselves against the other team, and to eventually win the game.Why should I play League of Legends over (insert DotA-like game)?
* Automated matchmaking, to make finding a game easy.
* The ability to reconnect to games if you have disconnected.
* Client-server network model with no host advantage.
* Advanced stat tracking.
* Built-in surrender functionality.
* In-game interface and controls designed for this style of play.
* Account-level progression, adding out-of-game strategic depth and customization, known as the summoner system.
* Regular updates with many more features to come!
* An improved mini-map that shows your Champions pathing.
* Multiple maps (Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, The Proving Grounds, more to come over time. A new map called "Magma Chamber" has been announced.)
* Features that make teaching the game to your friends easier. (in game tutorial, bots, suggested items)
* Completely, 100%, absolutely FREE. (no joke)Q: How do I sign up?
Signing up is free, but I'm going to give you two options here. I'd like it if you could give me a referral, because signing up through me does benefit me in the end, but you also don't have to if you don't want to. I'm not going to trick you into signing up through me. Also, keep in mind that I only get rewards when your in-game Summoner reaches level 5. If you do sign-up through me and like the game, please keep playing! Click Here
to sign up using my referral. Grants some added bonuses to your account Click Here
if you just want to sign up without a referal.Q: I'm signed up. Now what?
* Start off with the tutorial mode.
Learn the basic controls, game play mechanics, etc.
* Once you have a good handle on that, start a practice game and add bots. Bots give you a chance to explore the map, and try out champions without having to worry about playing well. Bots are stupid, so don't expect them to be on par with actual players (Except the "Ryze" bot. He's actually pretty decent and you might want to avoid using him at first).
* If you have a handle on bots and feel like you know the map and a champion, try a practice game with people. Look for "new players only" or "levels 1-5" or something similar.
* Look up character guides on the official forum and on Leaguecraft.
* Join a solo queue, and don't get owned.Helpful Stuff
- The main website.http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/League_of_Legends_Wiki
- Wiki-style website for LoL, lots of useful articles here.http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/
- Official forums.http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16
- Beginners guides to specific champions.http://www.leaguecraft.com/
- Huge LoL database, also has a ton of great champion builds.http://lolhu.wordpress.com/
- A blog about LoL. Generally has leaked info about new champions and items.
Hot topics to talk about atm:
Renekton - Latest Champion
Magma Chamber - New Map